Year that was

When good things happen unexpectedly they always bring the biggest of smiles on your face! I think that's the reason I feel something better is in-store for us when things are not favourable to us...

A couple of months back I met a couple of my friends after a gap of a year and we could share major chunks of the previous year without the assumed awkwardness and hesitation...

I knew I wasn't happy with my current position and conditions but one of my friend sensed my apprehensions and she found a way for smooth discussion.. She actually helped me vent out and it so happened that now when I look back I can actually thank her for meeting me and opening the doors that I had not cared to peep into...

Image result for quotes from reflections of a manAfter a week or two, the scenario changed and I landed with two unexpected opportunities for which I had to sit for two major interviews.. Both of them different from one another yet important in their own way... And I received positive answers for both of them.. The first one was for my job for which I had applied as I was desperately seeking one. I never in my remotest dreams had imagined that I will land a job at Sanskriti. After a month of being unemployed I got the job, a victory that genuinely made me happy as that one month had taught me to stay grounded and not get overconfident from our own achievements. Somewhere I knew that my tenure at previous school was about to end but I was not literally mentally prepared about the shock I was going to receive for the same..

The second opportunity was even bigger than the first, the one dream every girl (even boy) looks forward to i.e. marriage. After a series of disappointments I received a 'yes' and things started moving along really fast. What I actually didn't see was that the dream was about to be shattered real soon. I took the plunge and called it quits as the things were inevitable. They were just going from crazy to worse. My memories of those days are only sad but I thank that guy for only and solely one thing that he actually brought the courage that helped me take the decision and made me a bit wiser! I also know that if or when I'll hear something about him or from him my heart will skip a beat (not in a good way) as I left a piece of my soul with him.. 

This year was quite eventful and I will remember it my entire living life. It taught me the actual meaning of being 'fearless' and why I need to keep holding on to my gut feeling.. It taught me that even though things can be tough you will eventually find your answer.. I know that my career has found it's calling and my failed relationships will keep tickling me as I left a part of myself there but they taught me resilience and sanity... Cheers to 2016!!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

True Love

Forgiving You!

Struggles & Hurdles