Coming Home

After a sabbatical of a year and a half I'm back at my favourite past time. This entire time i was on a journey to find myself in the new phase of life (Being a married woman). Well I'm still trying to figure myself in this phase but now i can say that im settling in. I do miss the people i left in Delhi when i moved to Mumbai but this Delhi - Mumbai - Delhi juggle is something that keeps me going. Now that I'm writing this post I'm listening to some chill songs and sitting in my comfy bed thinking of how this year and a half has been. I left at yelling love notes for my fiancee who now is my beloved husband.

'Cause all of me
Loves all of you
Love your curves and all your edges
All your perfect imperfections
Give your all to me
I'll give my all to you
You're my end and my beginning
Even when I lose I'm winning
'Cause I give you all, all of me
And you give me all, all of you - All of Me by John Legend

The time moved at a fast pace and months became a year really soon. My initial months were chaotic internally as i was trying to figure my husband out. His reactions and my emotions were high and fiery. Irritation, humid weather and everything new was adding up to the HEAT. We charted our journey with snuggles, smiles, tears and closure to issues. Honeymoon was fun and a happy chapter in our year and strengthened our relationship. By mid year i was eagerly waiting for getting employed and start working. Trying my hand at every opportunity i began the search and finally landed a job at a decent school. Well the new place has its pros and cons which now i realise very clearly.

Routine set in and i wanted to make the best of it. Adding to the entire settling in was my weight issues to which i say that its all because of my husband and my mum-in- laws love ;) 

My back was killing me and everything seemed blue. Trying to engage myself into something recreational was my aim and i was failing. At times i felt moving away from my loved ones and from Delhi. My emotions were all rushed and flushed. I was getting crankier by the day and my vent out was my husband who seemed to be having funny means to handle my emotional state. With the passage of time i started to realise that he will be my go to person but he cannot be a substitute for a girlfiend who will try to empathize and just comfort you in a way that even a husband cannot. I miss my girls and that comfort :( (still miss them! as there is no replacement for them)

Every festival has been fun and full of celebration and being the first year it was all mushy. The level of mushiness varies from relationshio to relationship and i now feel that it depends on how you want to maintain it. The amount of comfort you invest into your relationship will only yearn you returns that will last for a lifetime. My mush and coochie cooing continues and its not been an easy trip yet its been an adventure on its own. Our reactions have been different in situations that were present before as well but we are still discovering each other and trying to gauge our triggers. The trip is still on and i look forward it to continue for a long long time (I Believe, I Believe, I Believe)

Listening and humming to new track from Jonas Brothers album Happiness Begins...
https://genius.com/Jonas-brothers-i-believe-lyrics

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

True Love

Forgiving You!

Struggles & Hurdles