Deception

Lies get complicated, usually if you tell a lie, you have to tell another lie. And each lie turns into another lie and another lie, and it makes things complicated. Until, eventually, you're left with this big mess of lies.. that you can't find your way out of.

When I was pursuing my graduation, I vividly remember my social psychology classes and particularly this class of non-verbal communication/ cues. I remember our teacher describing about the reactions in our body when we express different emotions; how we can distinguish between genuineness and lying etc. A lot of studies have been done on lying and if you 'Google - how to detect lying' you'll see a series of results that'll will provide you with details. But today I'm not going to write about my learning in social psychology class, rather I wanted to write about how deception actually makes you a different person.

A lie is told to hide the truth that you know will devastate the lives of people  who are associated with you. We keep building up a web of lies just to hide that one truth, that truth which could've saved you from a heartbreak. Had we not told those many lies, we could've saved ourselves from the mess that they caused later. But, why do we lie?

Lying is something that is easy, it comes naturally to us. We lie to save ourselves from all the complications that is going to accompany it. The fuss the other person will create and those questions that are just too difficult to answer. So, to save ourselves from the guilt we lie.

Being in love makes us tolerant towards our partners mistakes and lies. We start accepting them and start consoling ourselves with whatever the other person has to say... Even when it doesn't seem reasonable to us. When I realized these facts I knew that I took things in my hand at the right time, but somewhere some things could've been different. Now, I'm not the same person. Now, I'm aware of the lies that were told to me and the lies that I had told myself to hide the reality.

My trust was broken, and you can't mend it with any truth that you say. Had you kept your word and been loyal, your deception wouldn't have affected me so deeply. Your lies costed me my soul and changed me completely. You were like a mirror which was reflecting those things that I would've liked. You never kept it transparent, so, I could see what you had become or already were. You've become a lie yourself who can't find it's own truth!

Your deception gave me strength to see through the lies being showered upon me. It gave me courage to save myself from the destruction it could cause again. I'm not ready to keep myself up at stake for another round of bogus promises. I was crumpled like a piece of paper but now my surface is smooth enough to erase your lies... Deceit changed my perception and attitude towards the likes of you..

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

True Love

Forgiving You!

Struggles & Hurdles