Solitary Confinement

The four walls of my room are the one's that protect me from the outside world.. They do not let anyone breach the cover and pass through the safety net..
Yet there are particles which pass and affect my peace..

The confines of my room are the places I know even with my eyes closed.. There are things that are dear.. There are things that I require daily.. And there are corners that for the times we fear..

The physical walls are just a cover because there are walls in my mind that even deeper. The depth only few can breach and clear. The treading waters cleared by few. People who were with me in solitude, when I shed a tear or two, when I was excited and in great joy.

The face I see in the mirror has changed with time. The person I once was has evolved with age. The age is a number that is increasing everyday. I'm recalling the time's when I wanted to confine myself as I didn't wish to move a step ahead. The person I used to be is the one I can never be.

I have build up the walls within as I don't want to be crushed again. I wish I was a young girl who was unaware of the things to come. I wish I could be the 'Alice in Wonderland' who found a place to enjoy her life. Everyone says solitary confinement is a punishment but for me it's a self imposed exile. The dreaded path that we follow to find the light in the darkness. The light at the end of the tunnel where I can be..

My heart just sank the moment I, saw you,
You're the image of a girl, that I used to know.
Don't be alarmed if it seems hard, for me to explain,
But every detail of your face, makes me recall the name.
Hmm I'm treading water,
I keep, treading water!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

True Love

Forgiving You!

My tryst with Hindi & Love!